Users have now started getting options like Face ID and fingerprint sensor to lock or unlock smartphones, but still have to face the problem of forgetting the passcode or pattern. If you are one of those users who have forgotten their phone password, PIN or pattern and are unable to unlock it, then there is no need to worry. You can unlock such a device yourself without going to any service center or leaving home.
In case of forgetting the password or PIN in both the Android smartphone and the iPhone, different procedures have to be adopted. However, in both the cases the last option is to factory reset the phone or delete all the data. That is, your device will be unlocked, but at the same time all the data saved in it will also have to be deleted and like a new device, you will have to install apps from the beginning or change the settings.
unlock phone with google account
1. While setting up Android smartphone, you have to login with the help of Google account and with this account you can unlock the device if you forget the password or pattern.
2. After entering the wrong password or PIN several times, it will appear on the screen that you can try next after some time and with this ‘Forgot Pattern/Password’ button will appear.
3. After tapping on it, you will be asked to login to the Google account which is registered with the phone.
4. After this process the phone will be unlocked and you will be able to set a new password or pattern.
5. Keep in mind, this method will work only if you have an active internet connection in your Android phone and the data of the device is also not deleted in it.
You can also do this by visiting the Google Device Manager website.
Follow these steps to reset Android device
1. If you want to unlock Android phone and the previous method is not working, then you have to start by switching off the phone.
2. For a while, you have to press and hold the Power button along with the Volume Up or Down (depending on different manufacturer) buttons for a while.
3. Now the phone will go into recovery mode and after selecting the factory reset option, go to ‘Clean/Erase Data’ and enter ‘Wipe Cache’.
4. After waiting for about a minute, when you turn on the phone, it will not ask for any password or pattern and will get the option to setup the phone from the beginning.
Forget iPhone passcode then follow these steps
1. If you have forgotten your iPhone’s passcode, the first thing to do is to switch it off. You will be able to do this by holding the power button or the volume down button along with the power button.
2. Now to put the device into recovery mode, as soon as you connect it to a Mac or PC, you need to press and hold the power button on iPhone 8 and later devices, the volume down button on iPhone 7 series and the home button in older iPhones.
3. You must have iTunes installed on your PC or Mac, after which you will see the recovery mode screen of the device and you will be able to control it with iTunes software.
4. By clicking on the Restore option found in iTunes on PC or Mac, all the data on the iPhone will be deleted and the passcode will also be removed.
5. You can restore apps and settings from a backup after setting a new passcode, or set up your iPhone as a new device.