Mahashivratri has a lot of importance in Hinduism. According to religious beliefs, Lord Shankar and Mata Parvati were married on this day. Worshiping Lord Shankar on this holy day gives freedom from all kinds of defects. By the grace of Lord Shankar, Shani Dosh also gets removed. At this time, Saturn’s half-century is going on in Capricorn, Aquarius, Sagittarius and Saturn’s dhaiya is going on in Gemini, Libra. A person’s life gets affected badly when Shani’s Sadesati and Dhaiyya take place. To avoid the inauspicious effects of Shani’s Sadesati and Dhaiyya, offer these things on the Shivling on the holy day of Mahashivratri. Lord Shankar is pleased by offering these things on Shivling. Let us know what things are offered on Shivling, Lord Shiva is pleased.
- The easiest way to please Shiva is to offer water to Shivling. To please Shiva, offer water to the Shivling while chanting Om Namah Shivay.
- Shiva is also pleased by offering milk on Shivling. After offering milk, offer Ganga Jal or pure water to Shivling.
- Offering sugar on Shivling is also considered auspicious. Shiva is pleased by doing this.
- Offering saffron on Shivling also gives special grace to Lord Shiva.
- Lord Shiva is pleased by offering perfume on the Shivling.
- Curd should also be offered on Shivling. After offering curd, offer Ganga Jal or pure water on Shivling.
- By offering desi ghee on Shivling, one gets the blessings of Lord Shiva.
- Make sure to apply sandalwood on Shivling. By doing this according to religious beliefs, there is never a lack of honor, respect and fame in life.
- Honey should also be offered on Shivling. After offering honey, offer Ganga water or pure water on Shivling.
- Bhang is also offered on Shivling. Offering cannabis to Lord Shiva is considered auspicious.
Do not offer these things on Shivling-
- Do not offer water to Shivling with conch shell.
- on Shivling Kevade and Ketki flowers should not be offered.
- Tulsi Dal is not used in the worship of Lord Shankar. Tulsi Dal is not offered to Bholenath.
- Turmeric is not even used in the worship of Lord Shankar.
- Even coconut water is not offered to Lord Shankar.
Worship with this method-
- Get up early in the morning and wear clean clothes after retiring from bath etc.
- Light a lamp in the temple of the house.
- Abhishek of Lord Shiva and all the Gods and Goddesses with Ganga water.
- Offer flowers.
- Perform aarti to Lord Shiva and also offer bhog. Keep in mind that only sattvik things are offered to God.
- Meditate more and more on Lord Shiva.